Action

Action
Happy Birthday Singapore! I am on the cover of Bokehman! Yay! :P

Helix Bridge to IR Marina Bay Sands

Helix Bridge to IR Marina Bay Sands
Nikon 24-85mm F3.5-4.5 AFD

Bullionvault

Buy gold online - quickly, safely and at low prices

Humour

Humour
It's a Crime to Ignore!

Window Light

Window Light
Boots

Amazon Books

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Nikon 85mm F1.8 wide open

I covered a friend of a friend's Registry Of Marriage this afternoon, where I took photos of the young couple legally unite to become Husband and Wife. I am not one who have much experience in event photography, but I tried my best anyway and I feel happy for them. Following that, however, I met up with another TFCD model nearby, where I can use my 85mm F1.8 again! I tried shooting at F1.8 and here are some of the images made with this lens wide open. Here are the effects for full length body, half body and head and shoulders portraits. Once the focus is locked on correctly, even at full aperture, the sharpness leaves little more to be desired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shots, have you shot with the 85mm 1.4? If not, would you consider getting the 1.4 in the future and be worth the money?

Anonymous said...

Nice shots~ Have you shot with the 1.4? If not, would you consider getting the 1.4 in the future and suggest that it'll be worth the extra money in the long run for an extra 1/3 stop?

Bokehman said...

Hi thanks for your comments! I have not tried the Nikon 85mm F1.4 so I cannot comment. Anyone kind enough to loan me the lens for some testing? Hehe!

Google Search

Google